[Heathkit] I've located a source for the "old" 3 pin power cord

Gary H. Harmon, Jr. gharmon at IDWORLD.NET
Wed May 20 11:10:13 EDT 2009

Caution Will Robinson......

I've checked several of the sites and have not found one with the pin
spacing details.  The older H-P cables have an outside pin spacing of 5/8
inch and a molded plug size of 1/2 by 15/16.

The old Heathkit cable has a outside pin spacing of 1/2 and a molded size of
7/16 by 7/8.

I have an original cable hidden in a secure location but I just measured it
to verify the size.

I'm not saying the Volex cables aren't the right ones BUT lots of folks have
researched this cable issue with no success SO make sure you know what the
actual size is and especially the pin spacing.  Pictures can be deceiving.

Vr and 73,

gary

Gary H. Harmon, Jr. -- K5JWK
6003 Archwood
San Antonio, TX 78239-1504
210.657.1549h
210.884.6926c

"Being a grandparent is a marvelous thing."