Apache TX-1 restoration

Patrick brookbank at TRIAD.RR.COM
Mon May 25 11:09:44 EDT 2009

Problem with modulation solved, it was after all a defective clamp tube V4
(6AQ5), the one that is inside the cage with the 6146's and very duifucult
to remove. TX-1 now working to perfection, at least with a dummy load. I
will still like to know about the conversion that this unit has, at least a
wiring diagram for it. Thanks in advance.......... Pat
----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick" <brookbank at TRIAD.RR.COM>
To: <HEATH at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Sunday, May 24, 2009 2:04 PM
Subject: [HEATH-TEMPE] Apache TX-1 restoration

Have finished with the knob shinning and the RF portion, now there is a
problem with the Audio, it does not have any, all tubes are OK both on
tester and swapping with known good ones. The problem seem to be on a large
modification that was done by the previous owner (now deseased) that consist
of at least adding a regulator tube 5651, the tube does glow when power is
applied to the TX-1. Is there anyone familiar with this mod or have a wiring
diagram for it??? Any hel would be greatly appreciated......... Pat PS. with
dummy load and a full 100Watts output on am mode, touching the mike center
cable does not produce any hum...........

To post - HEATH at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV