SB-101 vs 102

Mike Bryce prosolar at SSSNET.COM
Mon Oct 26 13:33:21 EDT 2009

Paul...

what glen said is based in fact. However, I'd never toss one because
of the errors in the pto.

since all the heathkit sb series lacked a RIT control (yes, you could
get the remote vfo, if you can find one) for the sb101 and 102, most
of us just dial up and start talking.

I have one sb101 that is so far out of wack, the center hairline leans
over toward the right so much i'm about out of range. THe radio works
fine, looks good and makes a lot of qsos. to me it's a non issue, I
don't have nor will I take the time to fix it. I've got a pile of
heathkits that I have picked up and each one needs a bit of work. I
would go nutty trying to keep up with all the little things that are
"not quite right" when it comes to these old radios.

So, keep the 102 and enjoy the qsos it brings to your shack.

Mike

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o

A man with one clock knows what time it is. A man with two clocks is
never sure.