No subject

Ron ronami at YAHOO.COM
Tue Sep 22 17:05:40 EDT 2009

Before going to the eplace... For sale: Heathkit IM-12 Harmonic
Distortion meter.

The IM-12 contains two instruments in one: an AC VTVM and
a Harmonic Distortion meter. The unit is tube based and except
for the color scheme is very similar to the HD-1 and IM-58 HD
meters. For pictures and specs, see page 32 of the Heath 1963
catalog at:

http://www.tech-systems-labs.com/pdf-files/heath-1963.pdf

I bought this Meter a few years ago and went over it with a fine
tooth comb. Every component was tested and, if not up to spec,
was either repaired or replaced -- including all 1% precision
resistors, caps, tubes etc., even the line cord.Since then, it
has been in use, but infrequently. I have just checked it and
touched up the calibration. Everything is in good working order.

Cosmetically, it's way better than average. The front panel is
in very good condition, the meter cover is shiny -- no scratches
or scuff marks. The case was painted (same color, same texture
as the original) and still looks great (a hole in the top of the case
was repaired. It's just visible as a slight bump on the surface, just
under the handle). All knob inserts are clean, etc., etc.. I'll be
happy to email pictures -- just ask.

This instrument is suitable for both actual lab use and as a
Heathkit collector item.

Asking $65 plus actual shipping for 15 lb. from zip 01702 (please
look it up on the UPS web site). No test leads, but I will include a
complete clean copy of the manual (an $15 item by itself).

-- Ron