125uF/450V Electros are gettin' tough to find!!!

Bob Burns G3OOU at AOL.COM
Tue Apr 6 03:42:00 EDT 2010

In a message dated 05/04/2010 21:51:27 GMT Standard Time, ac1y at NC.RR.COM
writes:

Hi,  gang!

Sho' is! I'm rebuilding my old UT-1, and I need a source of  125uF/450V
caps.
I suppose I could parallel 100s and 33s to get the same  effect, but
SOMEONE'S got to have these critters. Not Mouser or Newark,  though!

Anyone have a source??

73,

Sandy  AC1Y

Hi Sandy

Take a look at _http://www.surplectronics.com/products.asp?cat=24_
(http://www.surplectronics.com/products.asp?cat=24)  in  the UK. I purchased some
270uF 450V electrolytics from them last year for a  high voltage PSU at 1GBP
($1.50US) for a pack of two. The only thing that I did  with them was to
check that they were re-formed correctly on a 450V supply as I  had no idea how
long it had been since they were manufactured. No failures at  during that
process or subsequently on switching on the PSU (1.3KV @  400mA).

73

Bob

Bob F Burns
Amateur  Radio Callsign: G3OOU
G-QRP Member No: 6907; QRA: IO91WH; WAB: TQ25
Joint  web site with Crystal Palace Radio & Electronics Club:
_www.g3oou.co.uk_ (http://www.g3oou.co.uk/)
Technical web site: _www.qsl.net/g3oou _ (http://www.qsl.net/g3oou)