SB-200 users: a question.

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at VERIZON.NET
Mon Apr 19 00:11:24 EDT 2010

Well...since I have had both my SB-200s, I have been
having considerable difficulty obtaining 572Bs that are
reliable and will output what they are supposed to for more
than about a month.

I run them as I am supposed to, keeping the grid current
well below 100 mA, but they seldom last. I don't abuse
them, and run mostly CW. I never allow them to show
color.

I am very seriously considering replacing my 572Bs with
813s, or some other heavy-plate tube of about the same
physical height.

What do others use? How long do they last in normal
service?

I am NOT pleased... :-(

Ken Gordon W7EKB