SB-401 -SB-303 thanks

Jim Schnurr k4jrs at AOL.COM
Sat Apr 24 23:04:38 EDT 2010

I finally found the problem that was plaging me with this combination. I had purchased the transmitter and used it exclusively on CW. It worked fine when running seperately. The previous owner had a mod inside for some reason that turned the unit on when in SSB and caused the feedback. I finally saw the diode that was different from any other and traced the wiring..I clipped the mod loose and it started working fine. I have since done an alignment and things are running well. I am getting good reports on the audio and having fun. Thanks to all who responded and hopefully I can repay the kindness.

73, Jim