Tube type UXCV11 Cetron???

Spencer Allen smallen at COMCAST.NET
Tue Apr 27 17:16:47 EDT 2010

Found this info by doing a search on the net.

The UX-CV-11 is a low mu triode with about sixty watts of plate dissapation. It has a metal UX style base which will fit either the standard four pin tube socket or a baynet type socket. It has a graphite plate stucture and a grid made of heavier wire than its counterparts. I believe the filament is rated at 7.5 volts. It was a tube created by United Electronics for diathermy use and that is the only place I have seen them. Regular contemporary tubes would not hold up in diathermy service, since the tubes were used as self excited oscillators and the grid current could run to high amounts when the pads were not loaded properly, or the patient would shift their position on the pads. This large grid current would shorten the life of most tubes, so a special line of diathermy tubes was created with massive grid structures to allow for this type of operation.

Hope this helps.

73s

Mike, K4JEM/5

Web Site:  http://mike-allen.info

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it."
--Mark Twain

To post - HEATH at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV