FS: Heathkit IT-12 signal tracer. Fully restored, with manual

Ron ronami at YAHOO.COM
Tue Aug 3 11:44:09 EDT 2010

For sale, a fully restored Heathkit IT-12 Signal Tracer,
in good working condition. Comes with a complete copy
of the manual, also in good condition.

Just to explain what I mean by 'fully restored': I took
the unit completely apart, down to the last screw, nut,
resistor and cap (re-kitted it, so to speak). I
Refurbished, cleaned, or repaired all parts, to get them
to the best condition possible. Any that did not meet
specs were replaced. All composition resistors were
automatically replaced with deposited film type (that
are far more stable), of same or tighter tolerance. The
line cord was replaced with a polarized one. The probe,
that originally was attached to the unit, is now removable
(I used a 1/4" phono jack and plug). I then assembled the
resulting 'kit'. Since then, the unit was lightly used.

For those that are not familiar with this very popular
signal tracer, be aware that sound quality is not exactly
'high fidelity'. There is some internal hum and distortion
rises at high levels. Input sensitivity is high -- when testing
a line level signal, the tracer volume control position will be
at 5% to 10%. All this is on par with other IT-12 tracers.

Cosmetically, the unit is just fair. While the front
panel was cleaned and buffed, it does have some
blemishes (ask for photo). Operationally, the unit
works fine. Input is very sensitive, as it should. The
'magic eye' is nice and bright. I offer no warranty,
except for the accuracy of the above. Sold 'as is'.

$45 plus actual shipping of 5 lb. from zip 01702.

-- Ron