SB 102 et al

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at VERIZON.NET
Mon Aug 16 18:26:53 EDT 2010

On 12 Aug 2010 at 10:57, Paul Kraemer wrote:

> I am in process of repairing a SB-102 in which one of the oscillator
> coils has a broken slug By the time I extract the broken chips of
> ferrite from that tiny coil I fear there won't be any coil left It may
> be as easy to just replace the board It is the one directly behind the
> board with the heterodyne osc crystals I imagine it is the same board for
> SB-100, 101,

Yes...and the HW-101/101W....they might be the same in the HW-100, but
that I don't know.

> and 300, 400

No. The 300/400 series are completely different.

An outfit called Electropartsco on ebay sells the ones you want regularly for a
reasonable sum.

BTW, some versions of those boards are glass-epoxy. However, most are
brown phenolic. I have a set of the glass-epoxy ones. I was surprised to see
them. I don't know which rig they came out of. I bought the whole set for
$9.95 including the crystals.

Ken W7EKB