FS: Heathkit IG-72 Audio Generator with manual

Ron ronami at YAHOO.COM
Fri Aug 27 11:55:36 EDT 2010

I have for sale a fully restored Heathkit IG-72 Audio Generator, in perfect working
condition and excellent cosmetics. Comes with a complete copy of the manual,
also in very good condition.

Just to explain what I mean by 'restoration': I took the unit completely apart, down
to the last screw, nut, resistor and cap (re-kitted it, so
to speak). I Refurbished,
cleaned, and repaired all parts, to get them to
the best condition possible. Many
were just replaced. Composition resistors were automatically replaced with
deposited film type, that have far greater stability, of same or tighter tolerance.
The line cord was replaced
with a grounded (3 prong plug) one. I then assembled
the resulting 'kit', calibrated and made sure it worked as it should. This was
followed by a 48 hour burn-in, after which I checked the calibration again. This
audio generator is now in perfect working condition.

Cosmetically, the instrument is in excellent condition. There are a couple of
scuff spots (barely noticeable, maybe 1/8" long) in the paint, but overall the unit
is suitable for the most discriminating collector. The panel meter face is nice
and shiny.

The model number on the front panel is SG-72A. The 'SG' part denotes that it
was originally factory built. The 'A' part denotes the newer version, that had a
light-cream front panel with a black case, possibly with minor component
updates. Otherwise, it's an IG-72.

I'll be happy to email photos. $100 plus actual shipping cost (8 lb. from zip
01702, as shown on the UPS site cost calculator).

-- Ron