Need SB-303 Part - Calibrator IC

Chris Iwata ChrisIwata at AOL.COM
Tue Feb 16 18:21:04 EST 2010

The MC724P is a very obsolete digital IC and you'll be lucky to find a
replacement. It is RTL which preceded TTL and CMOS digital and became obsolete
quickly. The NTE equivalent is no more.

The IC might not be bad if it still works for 100Khz.  Instead the
odd-ball divide by 4 circuit is likely the culprit.  Check the values of  the 5%
resistors and C611,  these are for timing and may have changed  over the
years.  Also check that D601 is neither open nor shorted.  An  unlikely
possibility is Q602 has gone bad.

Maybe simply S704 isn't making a good connection in the 25Khz position and
needs cleaning?

Chris KL7DM

In a message dated 2/16/2010 4:13:01 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,