IM-2715 Regulator Board HELP NEEDED!

Robert Groh rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Mon Jan 11 16:54:32 EST 2010

There is nothing particularly exotic about these regulators.  It should be little problem (if you don't mind building it 'dead bug' style or on terminal strips) to come up with a setup using a modern regulator IC.  If needed, I would be willing to give you a hand at coming up with a design with parts selection.

Bob, WA2CKY

________________________________
From: "Alexander N. Gerli, Sr." <ac1y at NC.RR.COM>
To: HEATH at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV
Sent: Mon, January 11, 2010 3:06:36 PM
Subject: [HEATH-TEMPE] IM-2715 Regulator Board HELP NEEDED!

Hi, gang!

I have a basically working IM-2715 Battery Eliminator/PS, but its regulator
board is shot. I've tried to replace the pass transistor and regulator chip
to no avail. I am getting unregulated output of 18V from the transformer, so
I know that's all right.

I have an SB-104A with its HP-1144 PS and it occurs to me that the regulator
board for that PS is very similar to the one in the '2715, except that the
pass xstr in the HP-1144 is mounted onboard. Otherwise, according to the two
Manuals, they appear to be the same.

I want to save the '2715, but I need to fix (better, replace) its Regulator
Board. Can someone help me out? Seems that it would be nigh impossible to
find a spare original Regulator Board, so I could probably use one from an
HP-1144.

73,

Sandy AC1Y

Alexander N. (Sandy) Gerli, Sr.