[Heathkit:Yahoo] SB-102 drive belts

Bob Burns g3oou at AOL.COM
Tue Jan 12 11:25:58 EST 2010

Hi Paul

I purchased some replacement SB101 drive belts kits from a USA supplier  a
year or two back at a very reasonable price. Each kit contains two  rings of
2 inches ID and one ring of 2.5 inches ID. In all cases the ring  material
has a circular cross section of approximately 1/8th inch  diameter.

I have successfully used drive cord instead of the rubber rings but with a
tensioning spring inside one of each pair of drums to reduce the strain on
the  capacitors. This requires more than one turn of cord around each drum.

73

Bob

Bob F Burns
Amateur  radio callsign G3OOU