Heathkit Marauder (HX-10) for sale

David Goncalves davegoncalves at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 18 20:36:43 EDT 2010

Silly goose!

Ken, I'll never forget that crate you built to ship the SRR VLF reciever you
sold me; that was a back-breaking rig and it arrived with not a bit of
damage! And after I blew out one of the tubes, you shipped me out a
replacement pencil tube that week. What a guy!

One can follow the advice of the mathmatician Jacobi in finding a solution
of the shipment issue - invert, always invert. To get a Scott FM tuner
shipped to me without damage, I cut a box from rigid foam insulation to fit
the chassis EXACTLY, and shipped it with some money for the guy to buy the
boxes for the wood case. It cost me a little more, but I got my radio in the
end from somebody that didn't want to ship before.

There is, however, only so far that goes. I remember another instance where
I spent some real coin on Sealed Air expanding-foam bags. I shipped four of
those with two boxes and instructions on how to pack the item. When I
recieved it the following week - the seller didn't follow the instructions
and the radio was essentially unpadded. Crunchy...

David Goncalves
W1EUJ