HR-1680 Questions

Allen Jones w9dz at YAHOO.COM
Sat May 8 17:05:33 EDT 2010

In order to do a complete alignment you will also need the Rube Goldberg extenders that raise the cards high enough to get access to all the trimmers and coils. They aren't actual cards like the SB-104 uses. I have a 1680 here that I am selling for an estate and was going to align. The manual and extenders are not to be found but it seems to hear well so I am going to leave it alone. I did find a complete manual scan.

73,

Allen, W9DZ

--- On Sat, 5/8/10, Kenneth G. Gordon <kgordon2006 at VERIZON.NET> wrote:

From: Kenneth G. Gordon <kgordon2006 at VERIZON.NET>
Subject: Re: [HEATH-TEMPE] HR-1680 Questions
To: HEATH at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV
Date: Saturday, May 8, 2010, 1:42 PM

On 7 May 2010 at 19:31, James wrote:

> Would it be
> better to start from the beginning in the adjustments, or just adjust
> the bands that are not to the point of the others, since 2 are working
> fine?

In my opinion, it would be best to start at the beginning and follow the entire
procedure all the way through...then do it again.

You will find some other things that may need taking care of, and you will
become much more familiar with the receiver.

Congrats on obtaining a nice receiver.

Ken Gordon W7EKB

parties involved.  This list and the City of Tempe are not responsible
for losses or misrepresentations of any kind.  Buyer beware!

To post - HEATH at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV