Hw-12 PROBLEM...

Morris mdilli at NNWIFI.COM
Wed Nov 3 20:12:14 EDT 2010

I'm not familiar with that particular rig but my approach is to clean it up,
replace the obvious paper caps and electrolytics, check the tubes and then
start the troubleshooting.  I also do a quick resistance check of the old
carbon resistors (without first disconnecting) since that even in circuit
they should not read higher than 10% or 20% over, depending on their
tolerance rating.  Don't assume that they are all good because they do
change value when of the quality used by Heath.  Usually they gain in value
and have to gain that much to cause a problem.  Sometimes it's easier to do
preventive maintenance than to troubleshoot multiple problems.  Even if you
found the problem outright you would probably want to go over it completely
anyway.  Others may disagree but that's just my take.  Good luck with it.

73

Morris ki4iua