FS: SB-610 Restoration Kit

David Goncalves davegoncalves at GMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 3 11:54:05 EDT 2010

This was a mass of stuff I accumulated for restoring an SB-610. You should
be able to make a very nice, long-lasting one out of this.

Item 1: A 'working' SB-610 scope. In very nice physical and electrical
condition. It has not been recapped or otherwise modified, the tube does
produce a trace with just the slightest screen burning horizontally through
the middle, all controls work, no arcs and sparks. I'd hesitate from using
it without doing a full recap at the least - thus the qualified 'working'.
This is the unit that would be restored.

Item 2: Parts unit SB-610, OK shape, perhaps not a good candidate for
restoration. All parts are there, so perhaps if you had the gumption, you
could make two. I got it just for the spare parts; I took out the
transformer as a core for Item 4.

Item 3: Complete original manual.

Item 4: A professionally custom-made power transformer; it has been modified
to increase the voltage rating between the HV and other windings, thus
reducing the chance of failure. Vacuum-impregated with varnish, nomex
papered, this should be better then original.

Item 5: Millen mu-shield for the general 3" tube type. Adding this to the
scope should help with beam modulation by the nearby transformer. It will
take some sheetmetal work to fabricate a bracket that will work with the
existing standoffs.

You tell me what you'd pay for this.

--
David Goncalves