FS: Heathkit IG-72 Audio Generator with manual

Larry larrytoo at YAHOO.COM
Fri Sep 3 14:41:37 EDT 2010

Ron, and others on this list,

Though I am not a collector, I do have a few bits of heathkit test gear, inclluding an unmolested IG-72 with original manual.

Not a "ding" at Ron, but my question for the group:  Is it more desirable, if working, to "restore (as below)" a heathkit, or leave it as is???

With my equipment, I have always attempted to repair using as close to original technology parts as I can get.  When they are no longer available (as in a 1940 RCA ac/dc HF receiver, I try to at least maintain original appearance (bad multi section filter electrolytic, I opened, removed old guts, replaced with modern caps inside the can, and sealed it).

What are the thoughts in this group???

Larry
N3HLL