[Heath] Fwd: Farewell, GR-2000

Guy Giacopuzzi gggdds at js-net.com
Tue Feb 8 22:22:45 EST 2011

I went thru a similar experience about 6 months ago...just before I quit
Heath, I bought a GR-2000 for my parents...put it together over xmas
1976...then went to dental school...about 15 years later they wanted
something newer, and gave it to me...we used it till a couple years ago,
then, when trying to put it into storage, somehow damaged the pic
tube...I actually considered trying to find a new one, but decided there
were other Heathkits that were more worthy of saving (like SB series
radios....)  But I agree, it really hurts emotionally to get rid of
something you built and brought to life.  While I'm quite serious about
my dentistry and a bit of a student of cell biology, I philosophize
probably a bit too much..... a radio, a TV, well...it's like their
almost organisms in their own right...well,. back to reality...

Guy