[Heath] Information on 7492N (heath 443-34) binary counter please?

Dean Naib dsnaib at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 19:59:20 EST 2011

Does anyone have a datasheet for the 7492N?

I have found sheets for the 7492AN but the heathkit manual for the IM-2410
freq counter explains that the reset signal should be resetting  the count
to 5 but the 7492AN datasheet says the reset sets it to 0.  My  counter has
a DM7492AN installed which I don't think is correct.  The problem I'm having
is that I am not able to read any frequency below around 50 khz regardless
of amplitude.  The clock pulse coming out of the DM7492AN doesn't match the
wave form on the schematics, there should be a notch toward the end of the
clock pulse caused by the reset of 5 but instead I'm seeing a full 0 reset
and no notch being taken out of the clock pulse.  I would like to know if
the 7492N does have a different reset then the AN version but I can't find a
datasheet for it.  Does anyone know ?

Thanks,

Dean Naib