[Heath] Information on 7492N (heath 443-34) binary counter please?

Dean Naib dsnaib at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 14:40:25 EST 2011

Hi Bob,

I agree with you but the Heathkit manual text and the waveforms on the schematics clearly show it is resetting to 5 rather than zero.  Comparing the 74LS90 to the 7492N   (the freq meter uses both), the 90 has two sets of reset pins while the 7492N has only a single set which would seem to indicate that it only supports a zero reset.  I am going to assume the heathkit documentation is wrong.

Thanks,

Dean, K4DSN