No subject

Mon Jan 10 18:43:28 EST 2011

that the same person who messed up the alignment of the i.f. and het coils=

may also have played with the balanced modulator.

If you have the manual, there should be a description of how to get your
carrier NULLED OUT for SSB transmission. If the null control is not zeroed=
,
then yes, you will get a big fat carrier out of the rig as soon as the
PTT line is keyed.

That is the first thing I would check. See if the voltages match the chart=
s for
the regions of the circuitry connected with the CRYSTAL FILTER and the
balanced modulator. I t could also be something wrong with the filter or i=
t's
associated components.

What an exciting project! To go from a dead receiver & transmitter to gett=
ing 100 watts
carrier out is a major step forward in the project. Congratulations!

Brian, AF4K

On 24 Feb 2001, at 21:40, Ken Ketner wrote:

> Greetings Dwellers on the Heath:
>         I am working on a HW 100. I have been having some luck with it. =
Not too

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov