No subject

Mon Jan 10 18:43:28 EST 2011

amp, or in the house....
there is a 99 percent probability that you have one or more of the
filter caps going or gone.
Now, an ohmmeter check of a cap will show if it is dead shorted ... but
it is also possible ...
again personal experience .... that the cap could show good on the
meter, yet be leaky enough
that when it is hit with the high voltage, it will temporarily short to
ground, popping breakers.

It took me about an hour or so to find this problem with an sb 200 that
I owned.   I had one
cap dead short ... yet when I replaced it, I was still popping the amp
circuit breakers  yet the
ohm test of another cap that was bad didnt reveal a short....