[Heath] Heathkit's TAN paint color

Walt - WB2VSJ wb2vsj at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 15 15:38:26 EST 2011

Wayne,

I'll have to try that on my IM-25 I just picked up at Dayton last year.  I
went the custom paint match route from HD.  Although results were great, the
time and effort invested was quite large.

Since I figured out how to make the Heathkit texture fairly well, I stripped
off the old paint and applied new paint.  I used a cheap HVLP sprayer form
either HD or Lowes. The kind you get in one of those really cheap air tools
kit.  I crank the air flow way down until the paint both "spits" and sprays
onto the cabinet.  To me it looks really close to the original.

Yes - it is latex.

You can see the pics here:

http://s1041.photobucket.com/albums/b419/wb2vsj/Heathkit%20IM-16/

Walt