[Heath] [Heathkit] Old heath [?] mic info

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 10:50:45 EST 2011

Heath had at least 5 desk style microphones plus several mobile microphones.  The desk types were as follows:

HDP-21 which is an Electro-Voice Model 637

HDP-21A which is an Electro-Voice Model 638

HDP-121 which is an Electro-Voice Model 619

HDP-242 which was made by Astatic (of D-104 fame)

HDP-444 which is a Shure Model 444.

One thing that may have been a factor in Heath's obtaining microphones from Electro-Voice is that Electro-Voice was located in Buchanan, Michigan, which is about 20 miles southeast of St. Joseph, Michigan, where the Heath plant was located.  Although the mailing address was Benton Harbor, Michigan, the actual Heath plant was on Hilltop Drive in St. Joseph which is adjacent to Benton Harbor on the south side.  I grew up in LaPorte, Indiana, which is about 35 miles from St. Joseph.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com