[Heath] Need NEW replacement knobs for Heathkit VF-1

Robert Groh rgroh at swbell.net
Mon Jun 27 13:26:00 EDT 2011

I am prep'ing a VF-1 for sale and the two smaller knobs (the typical Heathkit
knobs from that era) are both on their last legs - the plastic is just old and
the stress from the set screw is just splitting them apart. I seem to remember
something, from somebody on some forum, who was considering making replacement
knobs (hopefully with a brass insert or the like!).

So does anyone have any hints here for a possible source for a replacement
knob?  Or does anyone have any ideas on how I might go about making a
replacement?  All thoughts, ideas, etc most gratefully received.

As a side note, I don't just want a original knob which will probably have now
(or later) the same problem - 40 year old plastic just giving up the ghost.

73
Bob Groh, WA2CKY