[Heath] Rebuilding another SB-200

Dave Edwards kd2e at comcast.net
Mon Sep 26 09:30:25 EDT 2011

I acquired a Heathkit audio amp a few years back....same situation. But, it
worked...
Problem is that I don't think the builder knew he was allowed to cut leads
to length!
It was horrible in there.
The fixes would have been a hugh task.
Instead, I took it all apart. Ordered new metal film resistors, and caps and
terminal strips and rebuilt it.
It sounded so nice, I sold my fancy (expensive) Audio Research amp, and kept
the Heath!!

Go for it Ken!!

.....Dave