[Heath] SB-110A ? SOLVED

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Thu Apr 5 19:16:24 EDT 2012

On 5 Apr 2012 at 14:21, George Babits wrote:

> I got that figured out.  From all indications it was for a 2 meter or
> higher transverter.  I'm removing the modification.  I'm guessing that
> the cabinet must be from an SB-102, but not sure.

No. There were several reasons for that "mod" and it IS a factory
"modification".

The first use was for an external LMO connection, the SB-640.

Another was for an external transverter (not needed with the '110)

A third was for use with an external TNC (Heathkit marketed a kit-version of
the PK-232)

If you want the rig to stay stock, leave the "mod": it isn't a mod in that sense.

Ken Gordon W7EKB