[Heath] SB-104A VFO question

Mark Johnson mvjohn at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 10 06:57:15 EDT 2012

Sandy, my guess is that the rotor of the variable capacitor in the vfo is not grounding. The wiper contacts are dirty. If that is the case, I've never had success, at least long term success, with cleaning the contacts. Using a fairly heavy soldering iron, I carefully solder a piece of copper braid to the rotor of the variable cap and the cap's grounded frame. Just insure the braid is small enough to not interfere and that it neatly winds around the shaft as the cap is turned. That cures it! I do this on all heath VFO/LMO variable caps.

Mark VE3LU