[Heath] SB-110 VFO's

George Babits gbabits at custertel.net
Tue Apr 17 10:51:19 EDT 2012

Digging deeper into the SB-110 and found out that the VFO is not the
original one with the 6AZ8.  Looks to be solid state and marked on top
TRW-800668 and 110-48.  That explained the two loose wires behind the panel
(B+ and bias for the original VFO) and why the white lead goes to ground
through a 3.9 ohm resistor (replacing the original tube filaments).  So one
mystery solved anyway.

>From my reading it looks as if this VFO came from the SB-102 or SB-303 sets.
I have read some unfavorable things about the HeathKit solid state VFO's
recarding tracking.  But it seems like all the negative information is
prefaced by "HeathKit VFO's were not made by TRY.

Anybody on the reflector have any ideas?

Thanks,
George
W7HDL