[Heath] Make it a matching set of Twoers

John Klingelhoeffer wb4lnm at aol.com
Fri Aug 31 09:24:38 EDT 2012

Fellow Heathkit engineer WA2CKY recently posted the note below offering his HW--30 Twoer for sale.  Having just one Twoer these days is sort of like the sound of one hand clapping, so I also offer my HW-30 for sale.  In purchasing both, you'd actually have someone else to speak with on two meter AM.
Mine is in just about the same condition as Bob shows in his pictures on Picassa.  This one is missing one knob, although I will supply a functional replacement.  Mine retains the original internal crystal position rather than the modification of moving the crystal socket to the front panel that Bob's shows.  The interior is similarly pristine, and the AC cord with matching rear panel plug is included.
I DO have the original manual with mine, and that would be part of the sale.  So, you'd have all the documentation you would need to put both on the air.  No microphone, but I do have a single pin Amphenol mic connector that mates with the front panel connector that I'd include.
I also have a single crystal on 8008.24 MHz (marked) that will put one of the sets transmitting on around 144.150  MHz.  I note, too, that one can purchase a new 8.192 MHz crystal with leads from DigiKey for 46 cents each that will activate these sets nicely on 147.456 or thereabouts (p/n 887-1262).
$35 plus shipping for the combo.
73              John...  WB4LNM    "One of the hams from Heath"
Message: 1