[Heath] DX-60

Alexander N. Gerli ac1wye at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 13:28:00 EST 2012

Hi, gang! Just put my old Dixie-Sixty on the bench and fired it up with the
VFO into my metered DL. Get about 30W on 40M CW and 20W on AM. I remember my
old DX-40 putting out more than that, same tubes. Is that about right?

I'm going to replace the old (probably leaky) multi-section electro anyway.
I would imagine that after I do that, the HV will likely improve and the
power will be better. Haven't done anything underneath yet.

Any other recommendations for this fine ol' rig?

73,

Sandy AC1Y

Alexander N. (Sandy) Gerli
'Corgi Cottage'
548 Allred Mill Road
Mount Airy, NC 27030-2202
919-625-7181

A Scotsman walks about 900 miles each year
Scotsmen drink about 40 gallons of whisky each year
Scotsmen get about 25 miles per gallon