[Heath] Apache question...

Alexander N. Gerli ac1wye at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 20:50:42 EST 2012

Hi, gang,

Well, now that the critter's on the bench, I'm getting familiar with Apaches
once again (it's been ten years...). As clean as this one is (and I know it
works too), it's got the good ol' two-conductor line cord and NO fused plug
to make matters worse, HI.

I'm wanting to put a 3-conductor line cord on it without messing up the
original little 'box' on the rear apron where the old line cord's knotted
for a strain relief. Gonna be awful tight. While I'm waiting for the manual
to show up in the mail, I'm trying to figure out which post on the terminal
strip just inside carries the hot and the neutral. The old .01/400V
feedthroughs are there and are definitely original. In fact, the whole
wiring job is very neat and tidy, unlike some wrecks I've seen.

I used my last spare Elmenco fused plug for my DX-60, so I'm hunting for
another one of those just in case I can't cram a #16/3 pigtail into the
little box with a plier-crimp strain relief.

Anyone have any suggestions?

73,

Sandy AC1Y

Alexander N. (Sandy) Gerli
'Corgi Cottage'
548 Allred Mill Road
Mount Airy, NC 27030-2202
919-625-7181

A Scotsman walks about 900 miles each year
Scotsmen drink about 40 gallons of whisky each year
Scotsmen get about 25 miles per gallon