[Heath] replacement caps for Heathkit

Dick KF4NS kf4nsradio at verizon.net
Thu Jan 5 16:49:09 EST 2012

I am still working on my SB-610 and it brought to mind that Heath used a ton of those black beauty caps
and it seems that almost all of them are 400VDC or 600VDC and mostly .1, .15, .5 1mfd or .25mfd so there
are a bunch that you guys have replaced.

What value do you usually replace them with?  Most of the time I have gone up in value but I suspect that
going down on some could be ok since these are rarely if ever used in freq. determining circuits.

Give me your thoughts (nothing vulgar, hi, hi)  HAPPY NEW YEAR !

73, Dick KF4NS
St Petersburg, FL 33714 USA
Keep The Glow!