[Heath] Parts for IP-27

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Mon Jul 2 15:49:32 EDT 2012

For those of you who may wish to replace that 3000 MFD 75 VDC cap in
your IP-27, I chose the following part from Mouser for that purpose:

Mouser Part Number (P/N) 598-DCM302U75AB2B  75V 3000uF
Price: $16.23

To mount it, I used three of those square, stick-on "feet" sold in packages of
8 by Radio Shack. I stuck one over each of the three legs of the mounting
ring with the sticky side towards the clamp, then inserted the capacitor, and
tightened the clamp. This holds the new, much smaller, capacitor perfectly in
place. By loosening the clamp slightly, one can rotate the new cap into
perfect position for attaching the necessary parts.

For those of you who want to make the "spike" mod to prevent the paralleled
pass transistors from failing when the voltage-select switch is rotated too
quickly, the following Mouser parts apply.

Capacitor, 0.015 uFd, 630 Volts, Mouser P/N 647-QXK2J153KTPTZH, price
$0.89.

Zener diode, 56 V 5W, Mouser P/N 863-1N5370BG, price $0.72

As soon as I can, I will post a .JPG of the mod (by Heathkit, BTW) at this
website:

http://www.w7ekb.com/glowbugs/ModsEtc/modifications.htm

vy 73,

Ken W7EKB