[Heath] Fw: Heathkit SB-610

Dick KF4NS kf4nsradio at verizon.net
Wed Mar 7 14:43:17 EST 2012

Ok guys, most responses have been related to the coax. Since there is no loss in the 610 and the vert amp
is doing its job the loss is obviously in the originating equipment. Also, Heath does not say you should
use RG-62, it only mentions the best coax for the xmit input/output. There they say to use 50 or 75 ohm
coax.

I was doing some thinking (bad for someone my age) and remembering electronics school, as I recall
capacitors in series are equal to a value lower than the lowest capacitance. (smaller than the smallest
as I remember) so my 5uuf cap in series with the 93ohm coax should result in total capacitance less than
the 5uuf cap in series.

Hmmmm! Is my age showing or am I thinking correctly. Some have said they use all different types of coax
with no trouble. What if I used just a piece of insulated wire from the 2nd IF to the jack on the xcvr
back and use coax from there to the 610 ?

73, Dick KF4NS
St Petersburg, FL 33714 USA
Keep The Glow!