[Heath] IT-28 Cap Checker Problem

Gordon Gwillim ve5uj at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 29 22:20:43 EDT 2012

Hi Lin. I had a similar thing going on last year with my IT-28 and I did quite a bit of trouble shooting but if I recall correctly (didn't take notes) the symptoms responded to a anti-oxide spray on the range switch. I used GC Nu-trol, but there are quite a number of similar products that do a fine job on old switches with oxidation on the metal elements.  There could indeed be other causes for your symptoms but the switch treatment worked for me. Keep us posted. 73
Gordon VE5UJ