[Heath] [Heathkit] HW100/101 curiosity

Dick KF4NS kf4nsradio at verizon.net
Thu May 24 19:15:27 EDT 2012

Ok guys, sure sounds reasonable. Thanks to all for your input. While I am at it, after the problems and
restoration are now complete, I notice that frequently there is a strange squeal or screech coming from
the speaker while on the dummy load during tune-up. Everything is tied down tight and over the past 40+
years I never heard this before. It must be an oscillation of some sort but am going to try a suggestion
in the manual regarding the driver neutralizing wire but it relates to jumpy tuning; still could be a
possibility. I am sure I must have moved that wire at some point during the repairs. The finals are not
yet neutralized but are the original ones from before the crash (6293s added in 2003). Well, we will see.
73, Dick KF4NS
St Petersburg, FL 33714 USA
Keep The Glow!