[Heath] WTB/WTD Heathkit probes

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Fri Nov 9 19:55:50 EST 2012

On 9 Nov 2012 at 18:43, Dave Edwards wrote:

> The AC/DC probes are the ones that came with the meters.

Correct. I have never had one, have never even seen one, so I don't know
what they even look like. I have two Heathkit VTVMs here, a V-7, and a EWU-24,
neither one of which came with probes.

The EUW-24 DID come with "Tube-sters" in it though. I yanked
those and installed a pair of new military "W" versions of the 6AL5 and the 12AU7.

At the moment, I don't know where I put the "Tube-sters" so don't anyone ask yet. ;-)

> I think the red and black aluminum ones you mention are the RF
probes??

RF, Demodulator, Low Capacity, and Peak-to-Peak. I think the RF probe can
be used with a VTVM, but the others, as far as I know, are designed for
'scopes.

Come to think of it, I would like to get the users manuals for those I
have. Those are the 309-C, 338-B, 337-C and 342.

I also have an unbuilt PK-2 probe, but the probe body parts are missing
from the kit.

Even so, the red/black/aluminum bodies are large enough that I can build a
probe for the VTVMs in one, complete with SPDT switch.

I have thought about building one using a Sharpie, and may do that yet,
but I think I would prefer the old large type probe. Getting a SPDT switch, even a mini one,
into a Sharpie is very difficult.

I have built a probe for my old Lafayette KT-208 Signal Generator/Tracer
out of 1/2" PVC pipe and an old VOM probe, but it is kinda kludgy, although it works OK.

Ken W7EKB