[Heath] Marauder relay problem

Wilson Lamb infomet at embarqmail.com
Sat Oct 13 14:45:56 EDT 2012

Measure relay voltage on coil.
 A quick look at the schematic seems to show that  R67 pulls the cathode UP to cut the tube off when not pulling in, but there's some stuff I can't read.
 I'd try raising R67, to let more of the tube current go through the coil.  Maybe take it up to 50K.  I don't know if the 220? V indicated for the plate is with the relay pulled in or not.  If pulled in, then the B+ line voltage that feeds V9 minus 220 is the voltage that the coil should see.  See if there are spec's for the coil in the parts list.  Of course, if that B+ is low, it could cause the problem.

To get 14V across the cath resistors looks like about 50mA.

If there's 300V across R67, the current through them is about 8mA and they dissipate about 2.4W...might well be warm.

I'd have used a dropping res in the coil circuit.
 WL