[Heath] SG-7 Help

Robert Groh rgroh at swbell.net
Sat Sep 29 22:54:50 EDT 2012

Ron,

The 150 uF is undoubtedly an electrolytic (due to size) - the others 'may' be
simple disk ceramics.

I say 'may' because exact choice (for original designer) would have depended on
application.  If a simple bypass, audio coupling cap, or the like then it
was/is/can be replaced with a simple disk ceramic.  If part of the frequency
determining network (eg. in audio oscillator portion) then the cap might need to
be something different (basically temperature stability and tolerance).

And, yes, the 150 uF should have a polarization both on the schematic and on the
actual (i.e. original) capacitor - so check.

If any questions, please feel free to contact me directly. If you have a copy of
the schematic, providing reference designators would help.

73
Bob, WA2CKY