[Heath] Digital Wind Speed Indicator Model ID-1590/ID - 1590E

JimLocatel at aol.com JimLocatel at aol.com
Tue Apr 16 14:40:00 EDT 2013

Hi Heathkit Folks,

After around 38 years continuous service, my Digital Wind Speed Indicator
"Nixie Tube" digital readout is starting to lose some of its segments.

If anyone has a working or non-working unit they'd like to unload, I could
use the electronic components for spare parts.  Hopefully, the  readout
might still have some life left in it also.

I'm surprised my readout lasted this long.  In my experience their
lifetime is usually much shorter.  This one must have been well made, I  guess.

I'm pretty sure there is no source, local or foreign, for Nixie Tube
displays like this any more either.  I could re-design it to use another  kind of
readout, but thought I'd try the spare-parts route first.

Thanks for any help or info you can provide!

Jim Locatelli
Building and using Heathkits since the 1950's