[Heath] [Heathkit] SB-401 driver tube shield missing

Garey Barrell k4oah at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 23 15:42:59 EST 2013

Rob -

You might want to check the manual for your radio before adding a shield.  That is a hot tube and may have it's life shortened considerably.  I don't know for sure in the 401, but the Drake TR-4 specifically does NOT use a shield,even though the shield base part is there.  The extended ring of the base is all the shielding needed.  Worth checking!

Garey - K4OAH
Campton Hills, IL