[Heath] SB-401 driver tube shield missing

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Mon Dec 23 19:17:06 EST 2013

On 23 Dec 2013 at 3:42, Robert Myers wrote:

> Can someone please tell me where I can get a replacement 6CL6 shield
> that will fit properly into this bottom part?

I have several here. I can send you one.

BTW, Garey mentioned the fact that some rigs specifically do not use that
top portion of the shield due to the heat factor, and he is correct.

However, for the SB-401, the manual, on page 101, specifically says to
install one.

So, for the SB-401, follow the manual.

Send me your mailing address.

I recommend your painting both the inside and the outside with flat-black
paint, but leave a "ring" around the bottom-inside unpainted so that it makes
good electrical contact at the base. I used a bit of tape to mask it off for
mine.

Ken Gordon W7EKB