[Heath] Fw: SB-301 help

Patrick Tocornal brookbank at triad.rr.com
Tue Jan 1 20:19:59 EST 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: Patrick Tocornal
To: wa8zvo at juno.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2013 5:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Heath] SB-301 help

Ed, thanks a LOT for the schematic, it solved my problem, in looking at it I saw nothing but a connection to the rotary sw to the USB crystal however the receiver had a cap connected from the USB crystal to L20, the schematic shows that cap going to the ground side of the crystal. Fixed that and all is well, it looks like the original builder never had it working on USB and worst the seller of the rig said it was a great receiver...well live and learn and have fun........

Thanks again to you ED and the rest of the bunch that gave advice, what a great place.

Pat