[Heath] Light bulbs for HW/SB transceivers

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Mon Jan 14 18:04:48 EST 2013

On 14 Jan 2013 at 17:53, G3OOU at aol.com wrote:

> Hi All
>
> The SB-101 schematic shows three #44 bulbs, two from the 6.3v line to
> the 12.6v line and one from the 6.3v line to chassis. Heathkit P/N is
> 412-14.

Hi, Bob:

According to Heathkit Service Bulletins I have here, that is incorrect.

Here is the service bulletin as applied to the HW-101. There is a similar one
for the SB-101 which I will post here asap:

                          February 3, 1978
HW-101 SSB Transceiver				Bulletin HW-101-20

                LOW POWER OUTPUT, S-METER DRIFT, ETC.

The #44 lamps presently used in the unit unbalance the series-parallel
filament line because of their 250mA current requirements.

In each unit service, change the pilot lamps to type #47 [PN 412-11].

This change will be incorporated in future runs.

I'll post the Service Bulletin which is directed to the SB-101 shortly.

vy 73,

Ken W7EKB