[Heath] heathkit parts

MProc30634 at aol.com MProc30634 at aol.com
Sat Jan 19 15:38:22 EST 2013

Revell Contacta Professional  Liquid Glue for plastic kits (25gr)

the big"bay" site.....

graham

In a message dated 1/19/2013 12:05:10 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
G3OOU at aol.com writes:

Hi Pat

I have had some success repairing cracked Heathkit dials with a product
from Revell called Contacta Professional which is a liquid glue for plastics
and it appears to contain a solvent that works with the dial without over
softening the plastic but sets very hard. This is manufactured in Germany and
 freely available in Europe and the UK in 25gram containers.

I emailed Revell in the States who confirmed that they do not have  any
plans to import this product. I also investigated sending a small  container of
it to a fellow collector in the States but the UK Post Office  indicated
that it would not approve the product for dispatch by post as it is  solvent
based.

Perhaps someone on holiday here could take a container back and try it  out?

73

Bob

Bob F Burns
C Eng,  FIET, MSE
Amateur Radio Callsign: G3OOU
Registered RSGB  Instructor
G-QRP Member No: 6907; Zone: 14, QRA: IO91WH; WAB:  TQ25
Secretary of Crystal Palace Radio & Electronics Club: _www.g3oou.co.uk_
(http://www.g3oou.co.uk/)
Technical web site: _www.qsl.net/g3oou_ (http://www.qsl.net/g3oou)
Follow G3OOU as  @BobFBurns on Twitter _Http://twitter.com/BobFBurns_