[Heath] SB 300 help needed

RAY FRIESS rayfrijr at msn.com
Thu Mar 14 01:15:29 EDT 2013

Recently picked up a very nice sb-300.  It's the one I asked for help with the bandswitch shaft.  I got it realignedand tonight I plugged in the receiver and connected an antenna.  I am receiving signals just fine, but am having troublewith the AGC circuit I think.  The S-meter is not working on any position the AGC switch is on.  When I turn the switch tooff, or no AGC, I do notice a change in signal strength and the meter pegs to the left.  On fast or slow, there is no metermovement at all, it just sits at zero. Any suggestions?  I only have a partial manual, so I'm somewhat limited because of that.