[Heath] SB-230 on the WARC bands?

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Wed Nov 13 12:13:36 EST 2013

On 12 Nov 2013 at 20:33, Allen Jones wrote:

> Is it safe to use the SB-230 on 17 and 12 Meters?  I know some pre
> WARC amps have plate chokes that are resonant on one or both of those
> bands.

Hmmm....that is a very good question!

The only information I can provide for you is that my own SB-200 works just
fine on those two bands.

17 meters works with the bandswitch on 15, and 12 meters with the
bandswitch on 10.

Power output and tune-up procedures are the same as those for the
non-WARC bands.

Could you remove the plate RF choke, short the ends together, and check
for resonances with a GDO? Doing that would find any resonances within
ham bands.

Kenneth G. Gordon W7EKB

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."--- John   Wayne